Customer Care FAQ's
Select 1 Collision Center and body shop experts service the vicinity of Leon Valley, Helotes, New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Seguin, Schertz, Marion, Cibolo, Selma, Kyle, Buda, Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, Bulverde, Johnson City, Round Mountain, Blanco, Waelder, Gonzales, Nixon, Smiley, Floresville, La Vernia, Stockdale, St. Hedwig, Adkins, Sayers, Elmendorf, Windcrest, Dripping Springs, Wimberley, Universal City, Garden Ridge and surrounding areas.
Q: What should I do after an auto accident?
• Stay as calm as possible.
• Check for injuries and attend to persons in need of medical attention. When in doubt, call an ambulance.
• When possible move. If the accident is minor, and without injury, move the vehicles to a safe place out of traffic.
• Notify your police department.
• Gather the other driver’s information including insurance, driver’s license, and license plate numbers.
• Gather witness’ statements and contact information.
• Look around to see if there is a video camera that may have captured the accident and make note as this may be
helpful in a dispute. Inform the officer and your insurance of the address of the camera.
• Take pictures of the accident for your documentation. The more pictures the better.
• Also make notes about the accident including specific damages to all vehicles involved.
• Allow law enforcement officials to conduct their reports and get the case or accident report number. The insurance
company will determine who is at fault.
• If your car is not drivable ask the tow truck driver to take the vehicle to the collision repair center of your choice.
• Contact the collision repair facility that you have chosen and let them help you with any further information such as
reporting the claim and helping you secure rental transportation.
• Contact your insurance company and report the claim. Upon receiving the claim number provide this to the repair
facility. The repair facility will coordinate repairs with your insurance company. Sign a work authorization to begin the
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Business checks, personal
checks, cash, and properly endorsed insurance checks are also accepted.
Q: Do You Have a payment plan
Yes, a payment plan is available! Call for details 210-253-9024
Q: Do I have to get more than one estimate?
No, you don’t have to get more than one estimate to complete insurance company
requirements and begin work on your vehicle. However, your insurance company may want
you to go to a specific shop for the estimate only. But you are still free to have the repairs
done at the shop of your choice.
Q: Do I need to schedule an appointment?
To provide you with the best service and convenience, we encourage you to first schedule an
appointment to either drop off your vehicle for repair or receive an estimate. But in some
cases of an emergency or other reasons that it is not possible so, you may come by anytime.
Estimates are provided Monday- Friday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Q: Am I required to notify my insurance company before repairs begin on my vehicle?
Yes. Your insurance company will need notification before repairs begin. Your insurance
company will authorize repairs, parts types used, payments, and written /digital photo
documentation before and during the repair process.
Q: What if an insurance company refuses to work with the repair facility I choose?
As the vehicle owner, you make the decision. You have the right to select the repair center of
your choice. There are specific laws that give you this right and prevent anyone from requiring
you to use a specific repair facility.
Remember "It's Your Car and It's Your Choice". You choose the repair facility that you want to
repair your car.